A True Princess

A journey through life as seen through the eyes of a little 6lb. Chihuahua

Monday, October 31, 2005

Splish Splash



Today was pretty out. The leaves were a lot of fun to play in. Dad and mom took me to the park and we ran around in the leaves. I ate a few acorns and chased a couple of sticks. Mom said it was no wonder I like acorns, I am as big as a squirrel. I don't think that was nice.
Later in the evening after we went to Burger King, the strangest looking creatures showed up at our door. I tried to leave with the creatures (kids), after I saw how easy it was to get free food, but dad and mom wouldn't let me go. I almost made a clean break one time though. You have to give me an A+ for trying. Maybe next year. I'll start planning tomorrow.
Mom ate a bunch of candy tonight and got kind of weird. Dad ate something sour and he crinkled up his face. It was funny, he made mom laugh.
Here is a doggie treat recipe that sounds yummy.

For your pampered Prince or Princess

Biscuit dough:

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup water

Glaze:

1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk

1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees
2. In a large bowl: combine the flour, oatmeal, wheat germ, peanut butter, vegetable oil, honey, baking powder and water.
3. Mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
4. Roll the dough out to a 1/2-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes and place on the baking sheets.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the egg and milk. Brush the glaze on the biscuits.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Rotate the pans, and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, until biscuits are golden and firm.

Try um and tell me what you think. You can feel free to leave comments on the bottom right of each blog entry. Just click on the comment option and type away. I will answer all comments.
Happy Trails to All.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home